Dr A P J Abdul Kalam
Scientist & Former President of India
The RAJ SQUARE CHARITY FOUNDATION was inspired by Dr Abdul Kalam's LEAD INDIA MOVEMENT, a mission-oriented programme for transforming the youth of the country, where Dr Abdul Kalam highlighted ''poverty'' and ''lack of quality education'' as the country's two major problems by designing a 10 point oath to the youngsters.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was an Indian Scientist and politician who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. He served almost four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and was known as the "Missile Man of India" for his work on the development of ballistic missile and launch vehicle technology. He is also called as the "People's President" for inspiring young minds to dream and fly.
10 Point Oath for Youths by Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
It was given when 'Abdulkalam Vision India Movement' was launched. It is a national movement for realizing the vision of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. We believe that every educational institute of our country should adopt it and frame it in the campus so that all the students may see it frequently.
1. I realize that small aim is a crime. I will have a great goal in my life and work hard to achieve that goal. I will acquire the knowledge continuously. I will Sweat, Sweat, Sweat. I will persevere to achieve the goal.
2. I will work with integrity and succeed with integrity.
3. I will be a good member of my family, a good member of the society, a good member of my state, good member of the nation and a good member of the world.
4. I will always try to save or better someone's life, without any discrimination of caste, creed, language religion or state. Wherever I am, a thought will always come to my mind. That is "What can I do for you"
5. I will never get addicted to liquor, smoking and gambling. I will always try to retrieve at least 5 people from addiction and help them to lead a quality of life.
6. I will always remember the importance of time. My motto will be "Let not my winged days, be spent in vain".
7. I will plant at least 5 trees in my neighborhood and grow. I will always work for making my village clean, city clean and state clean so that my earth will be clean and green.
8. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
9. I am as young as my faith and as old as my doubt. Hence, I will light up then, the lamp of faith in my heart.
10. My National Flag flies in my heart and I will bring glory to my nation.
[Source of 10 points oath : http://www.abdulkalam.com/kalam/theme/jsp/guest/content-display.jsp]